Making time for the most important relationship we have with our partners is important. My husband and I have been married 43 years, and we need our "playdates." Time together reminds us of how much we enjoy each others company. The focus on "US" is an enriching encounter, it breaths life into our lungs, and our hearts are pumped with life giving energy.
Marriage Encounters Mission Statement,
To nurture and support the marriage of a man and woman and their family life by offering an opportunity to experience a deep and loving communication with each other and with God. We also encourage personal self-esteem and spirituality, couple and family relationships and community outreach which affirms the value of marriage in a diverse society. Marriage Encounter fills the necessity of married couples to grow together in the belief that the future transformation of the world BEGINS at the heart of the family ~ the couple.
One of the exercises I enjoyed during our weekend and long after, was the list of questions that ME
freely offers, as a means of dialoging, and staying real with our feelings. I am adding a list of some of the many questions that are found on their web site. I suggest to many of the couples that I work with that they use this as a tool daily. It enlarges our capacity to be authentic and real with the one we love. Choose one question and each take a turn answering it. Keep it simple, or not......you now may know something about your partner you were not aware of.
Dialogue Questions Galore!
Beside the old stand-by of "What was my strongest feeling today,try making one of these your
NEW "old stand-by".
1. What is my awareness of us as a couple right now? HDIFAMA?
2. What is it like being married to me today? HDIFAMA?
3. What is the most difficult situation facing us
as a couple right now? HDIFA this situation?
4. What stage of relationship do I see us in right
now - romance, disillusionment, or joy? HDIF?
5. What did I most look forward to today? HDIFSTWY?
6. What is my biggest challenge right now? HDIFSTWY?
7. HDIFA our sexual relationship?
8. HDIFA our couple prayer?
9. What do I most need from you today (tomorrow, right now
10. What do I think you most need from me today (tomorrow,right now?
11. What brought me the most fulfillment today? HDIFAMA?
12. What is my dream for tomorrow? HDIFSTWY?
13. What feeling have I not shared with you yet
14. How have I encouraged or affirmed you today?
You will need to check out their web page for the acronyms, example, HDIFAMA....how do I feel about my answer.....and also where a weekend is hosted in your area.