Please contact New Reflections Clinical Servic
es at 630-346-9266, if you are interested in scheduling an Intensive Weekend Worshop.
Prior to the Intensive : Prior to arriving at the Two Day Intensive, the process begins with an introductory phone call with each partner, following up with another call to each partner regarding any assignments that the Intensive requires for success and honesty. Through this important step, my hope is to establish a comfortable relationship and develop an understanding of a couple's particular background and where they are in the process recovery and restoration. This pre-introductory is valuable work, as it allows a couple to be better prepared for the Intensive and the intensity and trauma regarding the sexual addiction induced trauma.
What to Expect at the Intensive : As a certified sexual addiction specialist and certified partner trauma specialist my goal is to design your Intensive Weekend according to your unique needs, and work as a team treating the addict, partner and the coupleship.
Individual and couple's counseling combined with experiential exercises that address the core issues of the attachment injury and proceeds to escalate the underlying emotions of loss and fear. As an emotional Focused Therapist, I will also be addressing and identifying negative interaction cycles and positions in that cycle, such as a withdrawer or pursuer. Your treatment also includes how we develop patterns of trauma reactions. As a Somatic experiencing Practioner, we will look at how your body holds the trauma and how you can expand your range of functionality in the aftermath of the rupture that sexual addiction has induced, and provide a road map that will equip you and help you navigate the healing process.
During and prior to the Intensive you and your spouse will receive the equivalent of over 25 hours of intense therapy in a clinical setting.
• An understanding of the Multidimentional Trauma Model
• An understanding of the Partner Trauma Model
• Identifying negative interactions and positions that escalate the sexual addiction induced trauma
• How to regulate activation and integrate aspects of self awareness
• Tools to apply for safety and recovery
• Setting Boundaries
• Grieving the loss, the past, the present, and the future losses, your new reality
• Rebuilding the trust
• Healthy Intimacy
• Your therapist will receive a report of our work in order to continue and expand your capacity to heal and enlarge your ability to reconstruct the wounds of sexual addiction.