When Your Child is Looking at Porn
A Step-By-Step Guide for Christian Parents
When a parent discovers her child or teenager has been looking at pornography, it can be alarming, hurtful, even frightening. In the confusion of the moment, it is important for parents to understand that these are not uncharted waters. Millions of parents have faced this situation. Millions more will face this situation in the future. The critical question is: Will they face it well?
At this moment around the world, tens of thousands of youth are looking at pornography.
- 25% of teens have been exposed to porn online when they weren’t even looking for it.
- 90% of boys and 70% of girls, ages 13 to 14, report accessing porn at least once the previous year
- 35% of boys report viewing porn online “too many times to count”
- Information about the prevalence of pornography use today
- A four-step process for discussing pornography with a child or teen
- Scripts for conversing with a child about pornography in the light of biblical sexuality
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Information about porn use vs. porn addiction
- A plan for protecting your home and Internet devices